Place Your Wagers on the Tony Ferguson and Justin Gaethje Fight Right Now
After multiple delays, it’s go time for UFC 249! The matchup between Tony Ferguson and Justin Gaethje takes top billing, and you can bet live on the entire card at PlaySugarHouse.com.
This is a very deep card meant to capitalize on the fact the UFC is the only American sport taking place in the entire country. And Saturday, fight fans are in for a treat.
The top combatants in this fight are, of course, Ferguson (-186) and Gaethje (+158).
Ferguson is on an incredible 12-match winning streak. His last five include wins versus:
- Donald Cerrone (TKO, doctor stoppage, round 2) – June 8, 2019
- Anthony Pettis (TKO, corner stoppage, round 2) – Oct. 6, 2018
- Kevin Lee (submission, round 3) – Oct. 7, 2017
- Rafael dos Anjos (unanimous decision) – Nov. 5, 2016
- Lando Vannata (submission, round 2) – July 13, 2016
Tony “El Cucuy” Ferguson (25-3) was originally slated to take on Khabib Nurmagomedov, but pandemic restrictions trashed those plans. Gaethje stepped in on short notice for UFC 249’s April 18 date, which was then rescheduled to May 9 to appease health officials.
Experts like Ferguson in this fight for a number of reasons. His unusually creative fighting style makes him unpredictable, and he’s exceptionally solid when it comes to submissions. Plus, his elite stamina is for real, and he can use his spinning to kicks to maintain distance as he plots his next attack.
No, he hasn’t lost in eight years. But Ferguson’s also been injured multiple times, and he might be rusty due to his long layoff.
Can Justin Gaethje Pull Off the Upset?
Meanwhile, Justin “The Highlight” Gaethje (18-2) is loose and supremely confident coming into this fight. His last five results:
- WIN vs. Donald Cerrone (TKO, round 1) – Sept. 14, 2019
- WIN vs. Edson Barboza (KO, round 1) – March 30, 2019
- WIN vs. James Vick (KO, round 1) – Aug. 25, 2018
- LOSS vs. Dustin Poirier (TKO, round 4) – April 14, 2018
- LOSS vs. Eddie Alvarez (KO, round 3) – Dec. 2, 2017
Because of the postponement from April 18 to May 9, Gaethje has had extra time to prepare. Although he’s a former collegiate wrestler, he prefers to speed things up and trade blows rather than press for submissions.
Mentally, he’s confident but extremely respectful of Ferguson’s abilities. He’s fought more recently than his opponent too, meaning he might be a bit sharper at the outset.
No matter how you spin it, the Ferguson-Gaethje matchup will be a fast-paced, ultra-violent affair.
The UFC 249 Undercard
The rest of the card is top-notch as well. Check out this amazing lineup:
- Vicente Luque (-265) vs. Niko Price (+216)
- Bryce Mitchell (-162) vs. Charles Rosa (+136)
- Ryan Spann (-420) vs. Sam Alvey (+325)
- Uriah Hall (+106) vs. Ronaldo Souza (-125)
- Carla Esparza (-150) vs. Michelle Waterson (+125)
- Aleksei Oleinik (+250) vs. Fabrício Werdum (-355)
- Donald Cerrone (+123) vs. Anthony Pettis (-150)
- Greg Hardy (-200) vs. Yorgan De Castro (+165)
- Jeremy Stephens (+206) vs. Calvin Kattar (-250)
- Francis Ngannou (-278) vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik (+225)
- Henry Cejudo (-215) vs. Dominick Cruz (+175)
(Odds as of 1:00pm ET May 8)
Place your bets now at PlaySugarHouse.com before the moneylines move. While you’re there, check out our UFC 249 specials with exciting props and parlays to suit your preferences. For example, if you think Gaethje will win by submission (+791) you could rake in some serious cash.
And don’t forget, you can bet live right as the fights are unfolding. It’s an incredible way to amp up the thrill and celebrate the return of major American sports. Visit PlaySugarHouse.com and place your bets in New Jersey.